Congratulations, you have decided to buy a home and have been pre-approved for a mortgage loan! So now what? Next you need to start deciding what you want in a home and what you can compromise on if you have to choose. Here’s what you want to consider:
1) Location is usually a big factor. Do you want to live close to work or a specific school district or near a certain area? Deciding on an area can help narrow your search quickly.
2) Have you considered if you'd prefer 1 story or 2 stories?
3) Do you have a size range in mind, whether you want a smaller home or larger home? How many bedrooms?
4) Do you have any flooring preferences? Such as laminate, tile, carpet, etc?
5) Have you thought about age of the house? Are you looking for an older home, newer home, or feel indifferent about it?
6) Is garage space a factor? Do you need 1, 2, 3, or more car garage?
7) Do you want a backyard with grass, low maintenance landscape or a small backyard with little to no backyard?
8) Do you want a swimming pool and/or spa?
9) Do you want a community with certain amenities such as a community park or guard gate?
10) Are there any common HOA rules that you want to look out for, such as not being able to park on the street?
Hopefully these give you a better idea of things to consider before starting your home search. Contact us if you have any questions. We've been in the real estate industry 15+ years and have lived in Las Vegas most of our lives. We look forward to helping you find your dream home!