What are the best ways to reach Cunningham Group?

FASTEST – Click on the bottom right corner from any page on our website ( to reach a live Chat Representative.

SECOND BEST – Email our office at

THIRD BEST – Call our office phone at (702) 895-7777. Keep in mind, if we are helping other clients or residents there may be a delay in returning your call. This is why we suggest email or chat as better alternatives for a quick response.

How can I qualify to rent?

All applicants MUST submit a rental application. The primary criteria used in qualifying prospective tenants are:

  • Average to good credit (generally 600 FICO score minimum).
  • Dependable/verifiable rental history (if available).
  • Combined applicant gross income to be a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent and must be proven via uploading proof of income.
  • If you are starting a new job and do not have recent income history in Las Vegas, please provide proof of employment (typically an offer letter).

We conduct our own credit check in all circumstances. The criteria that we use to qualify prospective tenants is a "tiered" system. The higher the credit score, the easier it is to qualify. Verifiable rental history, co-applicant qualification, and income verification can all be used to qualify a tenant. Applicants who have been evicted in the past are automatically disqualified (evictions typically show up on credit reports).

How much is the application fee?

Our non-refundable application fee is $75 plus $25 per additional adult. All upfront fees can only be accepted in the form of a cashier's check or money order. Cash is never accepted. Personal checks are not accepted for upfront fee payments. Checks must be made payable to: RE/MAX Advantage.

Why do I have to pay an application fee?

In an effort to provide the best possible environment for all of our tenants, we run a complete background check as part of the application process. This amount covers the time and services necessary to complete that check.

When is first month's rent due?

Rent is due immediately upon lease signing. One month's rent is required to move-in at a minimum plus any proration.

When should I turn on utilities?

Utilities MUST be turned on PRIOR to taking possession of your new rental home or condo. Cunningham Group makes NO guarantee that ANY utility service will be on for your move-in date. If you fail to contact all appropriate utility services in advance, you may not have all services operational on your move-in day.

Remember that Republic Services trash must stay in the owner’s name. Do not switch this service as you are paying an additional amount on top of your rent already (for those of you in the City of North Las Vegas, trash is already part of your water bill. The same is true for residents living in condos).

How much is the security deposit?

Security deposits are typically equal to one month's rent and are fully refundable at the conclusion of the lease if the property is returned in good condition although this may vary depending on the property.

If a tenant cannot qualify under our normal qualification procedures, additional security deposits (up to triple the normal amount) may be requested to qualify a tenant.

Are pets allowed?

Depends on the property, the owner, the pet, and the applicant. Fill out the pet application with the regular application form. Generally dogs larger than 40 pounds should be cleared before you even submit the application. In any event, we do require a pet deposit in order to accept pets in a property. Failure to disclose a pet prior to occupancy and receive approval would result in an eviction. So disclose your pets up front!

How long is a typical lease period?

Lease periods are typically 1–2 years. Additionally, we do not end leases between November 1 and January 30 due to the slowdown in rent traffic during the holiday season.

Is the house in a safe area?

Remember, no REALTOR (or lender) knows what your priorities are by default, and they shouldn’t be recommending to you a safe area.  Friends and family members of course, they always have ideas.  Determine safety for yourself by checking crime statistics around a particular home you are interested in.  You can do so online via the links below.  Check with law enforcement for any additional questions:


When is my rent due?

Your rent payment for the month is due on the 31st of the previous month. If for any reason your rent payment will not be on time, please call us immediately. If the rent payment has not been received by the 3rd of each month, our office charges a late fee penalty in accordance to your lease.

How do I pay my rent?

All rent must be paid online at You will need a password to login and pay rent. If you have not received a portal login, please email us at If you do NOT have a bank account and wish to pay rent in person, you must pay by either cashier’s check or money order. At no time will personal checks or cash be accepted at our office. You may also elect to use automatic payment via e-check (available on our website).

Rent paid after the 3rd of the month at 5:30pm MUST be paid by cashier’s check or money order and include late fees to be accepted at our office.

What utilities do I need to pay?

Please refer to your rental agreement to find out what utilities you are responsible for. All utilities that you are responsible for must be switched into your name on or before the first day that you occupy your new unit. See the utilities contact page for more information.

Can I have a copy of my lease?

To obtain a copy of your rental agreement (lease), please submit a written request to We will send you a copy of your lease within two business days.

Has the property been re-keyed?

No, it is not a part of our standard procedure to re-key properties. Locks may be replaced or re-keyed at your own expense provided that you first inform our office of the change. You must also provide our office with a workable spare key for each new or changed lock. Typically, it is $50 to $70 to have a locksmith do the re-key.

If you want additional keys, you may also make copies at your own expense. We are only responsible for providing you with one working key.

Where do I get a mailbox key?

All mailboxes and mailbox keys are owned by the US Postal Service. To determine your mailbox number or request keys, take a copy of your lease agreement to the nearest post office. Be sure to check to confirm you are going to the correct location. The US Postal Service will only give this information out to the Deeded Owner or Leased Resident. In some cases (primarily condos) you will need to contact the HOA (their information is listed on your lease).

What if I want to purchase more gate or garage remotes?

Please contact the HOA of your community to request more gate remotes. Each HOA has different policies and charges different fees.

Additional garage remotes can be purchased from any hardware store. These “universal remotes” can be programmed to work with any garage.

Where do I get manuals for appliances or other equipment in the property?

Manuals and appliances instructions are typically left in the kitchen drawers. If any are missing, please go online and simply Google the particular manufacturer to locate instructions and manuals.

How do I program my thermostat?

If instructions for the thermostat have not been left at the property, please Google the manufacturer of your particular thermostat to find step-by-step usage instructions.

Can I make changes to the property?

Any changes in paint or other modifications must be approved IN WRITING prior to work being undertaken. Please email to submit your written request.

Can I have a satellite dish?

If there is an existing satellite dish, please utilize the existing dish or place your dish in the same spot and location as the prior one.

If a new dish is to be installed, you must first receive approval. Email to place your request. Satellite dish installations (if approved) must be placed to the rear of the property on homes. All chords must be painted to match the exterior stucco and absolutely NO chords can be stapled or run across the baseboards, door frames, or walls. They must be dropped into a proper outlet cover by an installation professional.

What if I want an alarm?

Please email to request an alarm. If you wish to use one of many wireless alarm services (which require no permanent installation or drilling), you do NOT need to request approval in advance.

How can I extend my lease?

To discuss options to extend your lease, please contact our management office at

How much notice must be given before I move out?

If your lease term is ending, you are required to give 30-Days written notice to vacate. You cannot vacate until your lease term ends.

What needs to be done when I move out?

The rental unit must be returned in the same or better condition than it was when you first moved in. It is important to thoroughly clean the entire home to avoid losing any of your security deposit. You must use a professional cleaning company. Carpets must be professionally cleaned and touchup paint done where needed. Costs to remove smoking or pet odors from the property can be deducted from the security deposit.

Will I get the full amount of my security deposit back?

Your full security deposit will be returned to you, minus the amount of any unpaid items, damage payments or cleaning.

When will I receive my security deposit back?

You will receive the security deposit back within 30 days after the date that your lease has ended.

Who do I call for an emergency?

In the case of a life threatening emergency, please dial 911 immediately. If you smell gas, you should contact Southwest Gas at (800) 748–5539 right away. If you have an active water leak, no A/C or heat, or no hot water, then your situation is classified as a Work Order Emergency. You should contact (855) 559-5525 immediately to be directed to the appropriate line. If you do not reach a live person because it is after office hours, please leave a voice message and someone will return your call right away. Additionally, it is highly advised that you also email an emergency claim to our office by submitting a resident service request form as soon as possible.

Can I have a trampoline or above ground pool?

Unfortunately, no. We are not able to allow trampolines or above ground pools. 


Am I responsible for repairs discovered during the walk-through?

No, you are not responsible for any repairs discovered during the walkthrough. Cosmetic items will be noted on your move-in walkthrough. The landlord may fix some repair issues. If you have particular concerns on cosmetic items, please voice those concerns prior to signing the lease agreement. After your first 30 days of residency, all repairs are subject to a $75 repair deductible.

What am I responsible for maintaining in my rental home?

You are responsible for replacing A/C filters once per month and ensuring that your smoke detector and CO2 detector batteries are refreshed as needed. Light bulbs should be changed as needed. In most situations, yard maintenance may be required. Carpets must be cleaned at least once per year. Please refer to your individual residential lease for more information. Use Raysco Carpet for carpet cleaning services. You can reach them at (702) 837-4914. Be sure to tell them you were sent by Cunningham Group to receive discount pricing.

Do I need renter's insurance?

It is required that all residents carry enough renter’s insurance to cover themselves and their personal property. Please consult with your insurance agent for specific details.

How soon will I receive a response regarding a maintenance problem?

In a non-emergency situation, please allow two days. If you have not heard from our office in that time, please contact us at

How often do I have to change air filters?

30-day air filters MUST be changed every month. If you purchase 90-day filters, you can change them every three months. By far, the biggest cause of HVAC repairs is clogged or dirty filters. You will be charged for any repairs as a result of not changing your filters.

How often should I clean my carpets?

If your rental home has carpets, you should have them professionally cleaned every year. If you have pets that soil carpet, you are responsible for replacement of soiled paid or carpet to cure any odor. We have a strict policy on pet damage and will charge for any necessary remediation to remove pet odors from our properties. Please keep your pets clean and ensure they do not soil any surfaces in the home or damage baseboards, walls, or landscaping.

What if I want to spray for pests?

Please use any pest control company of your choice and submit a receipt to within 30 days of your lease start date to receive a reimbursement check. Do not deduct the amount from your rent. We will reimburse up to $45 for a one-time pest spray. After that, all pest control services are to be maintained by the tenant.

Am I responsible for any dead plants or landscaping issues?

Yes, once you take possession of the property, any future landscaping issues are your responsibility to repair or maintain. Keep an eye on your yard to ensure that the plants are alive and well. If you need a recommendation for a landscaper, please let our office know. If you wish to purchase landscape service with your lease, contact our office at



Southwest Gas Corporation serves approximately 1.8 million customers in Arizona, Nevada and California. Residents wishing to begin service with Southwest Gas can fill out a request online at Requests should be put in five business days prior to the date residents wish to begin service. Consumers may request a certain time and indicate any special instructions on the form; however, scheduling is based on availability.

For more information, contact Southwest Gas directly at (702) 365-1555 or toll-free at (800) 748-5539.



New residents can set up their electricity service with NV Energy by calling 367-5555, filling out an electronic form or speaking to a representative in person at a customer service office. NV Energy has customer service branches in Henderson, North Las Vegas, Laughlin and Las Vegas. For a full list of branch locations, or to fill out the online form, visit Once service has been set up, bills can be paid online, via mail or in person.

Single-family residences can expect their average electric bill to be around $135.00 per month.

NV Energy offers residential customers an Equal Payment option, in which the resident's average yearly bill is split into 12 equal payments. The plan's mission is to provide relief for customers unhappy with the fluctuation between residents' summer and winter bills.


Water & Sewer

For individuals moving into an apartment or condominium complex, sewer fees are traditionally included within the resident's home owners association (HOA) fees. Similarly, water bills are often paid via HOA fees or added to the resident's monthly rent. Those relocating should contact their individual complex for information.

After purchasing a new home in Las Vegas, the county will be automatically notified and home owners will receive their first sewer bill in the mail. Single-family residences can expect to pay a base rate of $221.58 per year or $55.40 per quarter. At a base rate of $243.74 per year, or $60.94 per quarter, residences with pools are slightly higher than non-pool residences. Sewer service bills can be paid online at

For Las Vegas residents living in unincorporated Clark County, the Clark County Water Reclamation District handles all wastewater and sewer treatment. The annual sewer charge for a residency in unincorporated Clark County is $194.96. CCWRD bills can be paid online at, or in person at their office at 5857 East Flamingo Road.

New Las Vegas residents can set up their water service with the Las Vegas Valley Water District by calling 870-4194 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on business days. An online form to begin service is not currently available. For same-day service, the LVVWD suggests calling before 3:30 p.m. A $15 fee applies for all same-day service requests. A minimum $100 deposit, due at the time of service request, is required for residential properties.

A water bill calculator is available on the LVVWD Web site. Residents may also pay bills or put in a stop service request online.

Individuals relocating to North Las Vegas must set up and pay their waste and sewer bills through the City of North Las Vegas Utilities Business Service. An e-mail form for answering questions and setting up service is available at Individuals may also visit one of the two Utilities Business Services Division's offices from 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Monday through Thursday or 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays. Both offices are located in North Las Vegas, one at 2829 Fort Sumter and one at 2200 Civic Center Drive.

New Henderson residents can contact the City of Henderson's Customer Care Center at (702) 267-5900 to sign up for their water and sewer services. New residents can download forms to apply for service and set up direct payment at The City of Henderson's Utilities Service office is located on 240 Water Street.


Watering Rules

According to the Southern Nevada Water Authority, the Colorado River system, which supplies Clark County with nearly 90 percent of its water, is facing the biggest drought on record. As a result, Lake Mead's water level has dropped approximately 100 feet since January 2000. In response, the SNWA issued mandatory watering restrictions for all customers.

Each residence is assigned a group with specific watering days. Individuals can find their watering group by visiting During the spring and fall seasons, each group is assigned three different days on which they can water their yards three times a day for four minutes, with an hour separating each watering session. This 'cycle and soak' method applies to standard sprinklers, as well as drip irrigation systems. During winter, groups are assigned only one watering day. In summer, groups can water any day of the week.

For all groups, sprinkler watering is prohibited between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. from May 1 to Oct. 1. During the summer months, sprinkler watering is optional for all groups on Sunday. However, from Sept. 1 through April 30, sprinkler watering is prohibited on Sundays. Some exemptions are made, including hand-watering, supervised testing of sprinkler systems, watering new or reseeded landscapes for 30 days. Customers are urged to call their individual SNWA water provider to check for area-specific exemptions.

Households found watering on unassigned days will be informed and given time to correct the problem. If water waste continues, the individual SNWA agency providing water to the household may charge a water waste fee to the customer's bill or issue a citation requiring a court appearance.



Republic Services is responsible for the refuse collection, disposal and recycling for more than 420,000 single-family residences in Southern Nevada. New residents may fill out a new service request form at At the time of sign-up, residents may opt to rent a 96 gallon trashcan from Republic Services or use their own waste receptacles. Republic Services picks up trash twice a week.

While Republic Services does not yet offer payment via phone or Internet, residents can sign up for their auto-pay program by calling customer service at 735. Residents may also pay via mail or in person at Republic Service's 770 E. Sahara Avenue office.